Let’s face it. Mold can be hard to detect. It’s not always easy to know how to find hidden mold in your house and if not discovered, invisible mold can wreak havoc on your health and wellbeing. You don’t want this to happen to you.
If you’re wondering how can mold be invisible, try checking your plumbing. More often than not, you may just find mold that has been painted over or covered by a previous landlord or homeowner. This is an unethical but common practice that you should be aware of and take immediate measures to address.
Clues to uncovering invisible mold
Now that we know that mold can be a sneaky pest, let’s discuss how to find hidden mold in your house.
Like a spy, you’ll have to look for clues in your environment. Some of these clues are easy to detect and decipher, while others are a bit more challenging. However, solving the puzzle of the mystery mold will give peace of mind and improve your wellbeing. With our imaginary magnifying glass in hand, let’s start with identifying the clues you should be looking for to uncover invisible mold:
- Clue 1: Pay close attention to the humidity in the environment, whether its residential, commercial or outdoors. Mold likes and thrives in moist, humid, and damp areas. For this reason, the humidity in buildings should be kept at less than 50%.
Oversized AC units can be a good indication of high humidity and mold. Why, you ask? Because oversized AC units tend to cool the space quickly, which is not long enough to reduce the humidity.
- Clue 2: Any water leak or spill should be dried in less than 24-48 hours. Any wet drywall should be dried asap. With this in mind, leaky pipes can be problematic if not discovered quickly since they usually become breeding grounds for the invisible mold.
- Clue 3: Double and triple check every barrier to water. Additionally, it’s best to annually recaulk kitchens, bathrooms, roofs, and windows where exhaust ducts exit. Is this tedious? Maybe so, but it will help prevent invisible mold from gaining a foothold in your residence.
- Clue 4: Check to see how you are exposed to invisible mold through other environmental toxins that can be found in personal care, food, or household products.
Is invisible mold affecting your health?
Another important tell-tale sign of invisible mold is the manifestation of health symptoms. You may not be aware of how it’s affecting your health, but it can slowly deteriorate with repeated exposure. Mold is known to be especially harmful to the respiratory system. Those individuals with allergies or asthma can be particularly susceptible. Here is a list of symptoms you should be mindful of as you unravel this mystery:
- Fatigue, hair loss, nose bleeds, sweet cravings
- Anxiety, depression, OCD
- Joint and muscle pain, muscle cramps, general weakness
- Recurrent infections, autoimmunity, allergy, asthma
- Bloating, nausea, diarrhea
- Urgency, incontinence
- Night sweats, continual dehydration, poor temperature regulation
Twenty-eight percent of people are susceptible to health issues caused by mold, or chronic inflammatory response syndrome (CIRS)—and they’re not always diagnosed properly by doctors. That’s why we’re holding a conference on June 15th to educate and certify doctors as proficiency partners of the Shoemaker Protocol—an evidence-based protocol allowing doctors to screen, diagnose, and treat patients affected by mold illness. So yes, mold can seriously affect your health!
Get rid of invisible mold for good
The truth is that if you are trying to get rid of invisible mold yourself, it could be dangerous. It is highly recommended that you use a remediation company that will detect and remove the mold from your home. Generally, these companies should set up containment in the building so that toxins do not spread. Mold sprays and other chemicals can exacerbate the problem, causing individuals to get even sicker.
It may be necessary to get rid of exposed belongings that can’t be cleaned thoroughly, like mattresses, sofas, clothing, and other items where invisible mold can thrive. In some cases, it may be necessary to move out of the home or offices altogether.
Now, what’s next?
An immediate solution to improving your wellbeing is to move into a non-toxic environment. Additionally, taking supplements to boost the immune system, reduce inflammation, rebuild the gut, and boost cell production can help the process of health improvement along.
Rebalancing your health system may take as little as a few weeks. For those who may recover slower, it may be necessary to take additional medicine. Do not settle for partial recovery. Your health and wellbeing are too important!
We may specialize in the design and manufacture of injection molds, but we take pride in keeping our customers educated. For more information on our exceptional mold manufacturing and accessories, or if you suspect that there’s mold in your residence or building, give us a call at 786-207-1428 or visit our website today.